The Aegis Eyeshield offers maximized coverage and protection for high impact environments. Whether you are deployed, training for a mission, or shooting for sport, the Aegis is the piece of eye protection you want with you.
The Aegis series of eyeshields comes with Smith Optics patented PivLock Lens Interchange Technology. Pushing the levers upwards alleviates pressure on the lens locking grooves, allowing the user to slide the lens out with zero effort. No matter what situation you find yourself in, this method of lens changing will have the right lens tint in front of your face in seconds.
- Clear: VLT = 89% - A clear lens is ideal for very low light or night time conditions. Provides 100% protection from harmful UVA/B/C rays.
- Gray: VLT = 15% - Gray lens tint provides true color perception for exact color definition. Creates soothing effect on eye in bright or sunny conditions. Lenses meet ANSI Z87.1 optical and impact standards.
- Field Kit includes Clear and Gray Mil-Spec Lens
- Superior ballistic impact protection per US MIL-PRF-31013 standard clause 188.8.131.52
- Uncompromising optics and coverage per ANSI Z87.1
- EN 166 compliant
- Fast lens exchange with PivLock™ lens technology
- TLT (Tapered Lens Technology) corrects distortion
- Anti-fog and scratch resistant coating on all lenses
- 100% protection from UVA/UVB rays
- Compatible with Smith Rx system insert (sold separately)
- Lifetime Warranty
|Brand||Smith Optics Elite|
Best bang-for-buck eye protectionBy: Greg on 17 November 2017TLDR - at 50% off, they’re an absolute steal and a must-have for the range bag. Full review below: I’ve been eyeing off the Smith Optics range for a couple of years now to replace my tried-and-tested Bunnings safety glasses. I couldn’t justify the expense as I’m a hobby shooter and using the glasses once or twice a month. My opinion below, your mileage may vary. Comfort - 9/10 : I have a wide head and bridge of my nose, these fit very comfortably. Minus 1 point as they ride a little high on my fat nose, but still provide full coverage. Quality - 10/10: As expected for the price bracket and from Smith Optics. No half measures and came packaged neatly in a molle/belt mountable case. Style - 8/10: Not my style to wear the yankee SWAT glasses but the quality and comfort trumps the styling. Also subjective to personal taste. I won’t be too proud to look a little ‘tacticool’ when it’s these glasses: